Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Camera Play

I was so excited to get a new Canon Rebel XSI around the holidays! The point and shoot FUGI I had just didn't really do justice to any photos, no matter what settings it was set to. I've always had a *secret crush* on beautiful photography, so this was an easy outlet to let me start to play. It has really taken me some time to learn how to use some of the lenses and I'm still trying to figure out my shutter speeds and such. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tips!

So today we went out and took some photos, playing around with it a bit...not using Photoshop or anything yet to add effects, just raw...





If you look at the elk on the left...he's shedding his right antler...








2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics!! I have a Nikon dslr, I've had it for 2 years and still struggle to not use the automatic settings. I so hope I can get to where I take pics as beautiful as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Miranda! This was actually my first day out with the camera. I got really lucky with the natural lighting of the day, so I'll be curious to see what some pics looks like in different lights.

    ReplyDelete

I Love Your Comments!