Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hang it Up


When we were back visiting my inlaws a few months ago, I got to rummage through their barn and after finding this piece, they all looked at me like "what on earth are you going to do with that piece of wood?" (But I'm pretty sure my mother in law was doing the happy dance inside her head as I was cleaning out things they no longer wanted :) But I knew what I was going to do with it. I'm a sucker for chippy paint and mixing old with the new. So, after screwing on some new hooks from Lowe's, this baby is now our new coat rack off the patio doors. And this was my subtle hint, not said aloud but saying it through my stardown to the hubby after it was put up: "Dear Hubby, please notice the hooks that you can now use to hang your jackets (aka the dirty work clothes) and not put them on the back of the dining room chairs or the bar stools. Love, your gracious and understanding wife".

Linking up to: Just A Girl, The CSI Project The Shabby Chic Cottage

14 comments:

  1. Great transformation! I too am the only one that uses the hooks, but hey, sure looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, it's wood, it's chippy and it's white, what more could you want! Oh yes, it has hooks on it:-0
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I love distressed old painted wood, it's even better when it's real and you don't have to try to simulate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that! In my house you can never have enough hooks. It's way cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I luv this!!!! I would love to have something like that in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coming over from the CSI Challenge...it looks like you and I think alike...I needed a coat rack and wanted it to look old so I actually purchased a piece of wood from Home Depot and distressed it myself. See my post on Dignified Rubbish.com under foyer redo...

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! i just found some moulding on craigslist for free! and they never called me back- now i'm really bummed! great project! visiting you via the csi project

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look! I get weird looks from my family as well;) It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so pretty! This is exactly what I pictured beside my door.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So did he take the hint??

    I love your coat rack!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to reuse something that would otherwise be thrown away. And I know how you feel about the weird looks from family, they are starting to get used to it though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Becky-

    Nice job. Super inspiring as well. I have a barn and woodshed FULL of reclaimed lumber (my father in law collected it) and I'm searching for creative ways to use and repurpose it). Can't wait to click around your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love what you did! I'm looking to do something similar to get some hooks in my girls' bathroom.

    P.S. Your little girl is adorable! I've got 3 and my 2 oldest have/had that cute curly hair too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I Love Your Comments!