Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dreaming of Kitchen Simplicity

I am so drawn to the this kitchen at Hvitur Lakkris blog.  It reminds me of the simplicity that our lives truly can have. That we don't need the new and now, but if we would use more of the old and used, we would have the stories of those items to surround us with. It always makes me long for the days when my husband and I were first married and we lived in the bunkhouse at the ranch he worked at. It was so small, the floor in the bedroom was uneven, I had to cook with the stove heater, and it was so hard to go to work when you had a newborn calf laying on your living room floor because it was April here in ther Rocky Mountains and it is cold!! It reminds me of the simple things that we loved when we first met, when we were first married and the desire to keep those things alive.

Since were on the last leg of our kitchen remodel, which I'll post as soon as it's finished, I was able to obtain two of the chandeliers like the one in the picture. Their currently brass but will be painted, but not sure which color yet, to go against our newly painted white cabinets. I was thinking silver, but I am kind of drawn to the only black pop against all that white. Hmmm...desicions....

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your kitchen when its done!
    I just found your blog by reading your comment about your daughter being born early. Our daughter was born 7 weeks early.
    Glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, It's about done, so I'll update soon. Went to your blog...what a precious girl you have!!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Your Comments!